WALKING INFANTS – MS. MONICA’S CLASS
Back to School
Summer Recap: Summertime was fun and filled with indoor and outdoor activities. This summer our toddlers enjoyed the in-house field trip of the magic show, water play, music, dancing, and free playtime with all of their inside toys. We had so many art crafts during these months! Exploring with brush painting, hand painting, sponge painting, dot painting and gluing. Even though it was summer we started each day with circle time for our children. We used circle time to go over the months of the year, days of the week, colors, numbers, ABC’s and shapes. Keeping circle time fun and interactive can help keep toddlers engaged and help to improve their attention span. Circle time becomes a fun activity rather than a chore. We continue working on the daily routine because when something becomes familiar to young children, they respond better, which means they will be more successful.
September News: There is an exciting year awaiting, designed to promote and enhance your child’s growth and development. We are looking forward to a great year. On our September curriculum we will focus on the Montessori activities such as: Practical life, Sensorial, Number Concept and Language. Every week we will have different themes such as: All About Me, My Family, My School and My Friends and we will go over these during circle time as well as the colors, shapes and different sign language signs. There will be music during our outside time and every week we will be decorating our classroom with all the beautiful art crafts that our children will be making.
Reminders to all the parents:
- Please do not bring any peanut butter snacks to our school due to children’s allergies and our school’s policy.
- Please label all of your children’s personal belongings such as water bottles, containers, blankets, sheets, etc.
- If your child is on school lunch please provide one snack for 4:00 pm.
- Please do not bring home toys for comfort inside the classroom, we do not want to make our children cry once we take them away.
- All About Me
- This is a great time of year for nature walks and being outdoors. Children of every age love the sights, sounds and smells of being out and about.
- Sensory exploration: Give your tiny one a lot of time with different textures, allowing their brains the opportunity to process different inputs and the opportunity to explore which ones they are drawn to or shy away from. Different textured foods are also good ideas.
- Read to your child, no matter the size. This fosters a love of stories in children that will help them for years to come.
- Start of the new school year means updating your child’s extra-clothes bin in the classroom. Please make sure the clothes are appropriate for fall and there are 2 full sets.
- The mornings will start to be crisp while the afternoons stay warm. Please bring a sweater or sweatshirt for the morning outside time. Remember to label everything!