TODDLER ROOM – MS. AMANDA’S CLASS
Back to School
Summer Recap: What an amazing summer we had! We ended the summer on a high note. The children were full of excitement during this month due to the wonderful in field trips we had. Bubblemiana was our favorite show. The toddlers enjoyed watching all the equipment the lady used to make different size bubbles. They also enjoyed Ranger Jack who sang all of their favorite songs. He had the children moving their feet to the beat with different instruments. Lastly the magic show amazed the toddlers with his many, disappearing acts.
With all the fun going on we surely didn’t forget about our Montessori jobs. The toddlers continued to participate in their daily activities. This month we focused on the theme, Down on the Farm. The toddlers learned about pigs, ducks, cows and tractors in which they all made a craft of. They also did an amazing activity that represented them milking a cow. The utters were quite silly because the toddlers where dealing with a strange sensation as liquid was being squeezed out. In practical life, the children participated in jobs such as sweeping beans and some science jobs dealing with the colors red, yellow and blue. The children mixed two of each color to see what new color they will make.
September News: We are excited to start the new school year. As some of you may have noticed that our room now has two toilets. If your child is showing an interest, we will begin the toilet training process. We have eliminated our infant program and will become a complete toddler room. How much fun with all my walkers here to grow with us!
During September the children will be focusing on the theme, All About Me. We would love everyone to bring an updated family photo for our wall. The children will be learning about their body parts and how unique everyone is. They will also be introduced to new jobs and new classroom activities.
I would like to welcome all the parents who are continuing and our new parents that are starting with us. We are looking forward to a great year!
- All About Me
- Welcome to School
- The 7 Continents
- Enrichments Begin for Primary
Snack Host Schedule begins
- This is a great time of year for nature walks and being outdoors. Children of every age love the sights, sounds and smells of being out and about.
- Sensory exploration: Give your tiny one a lot of time with different textures, allowing their brains the opportunity to process different inputs and the opportunity to explore which ones they are drawn to or shy away from. Different textured foods are also good ideas.
- Read to your child, no matter the size. This fosters a love of stories in children that will help them for years to come.
- Start of the new school year means updating your child’s extra-clothes bin in the classroom. Please make sure the clothes are appropriate for fall and there are 2 full sets.
- The mornings will start to be crisp while the afternoons stay warm. Please bring a sweater or sweatshirt for the morning outside time. Remember to label everything!